2.17.2010

Pierre DeRoche GrandCliff TNT Penta

Pierre DeRoche is a brand that produces high-end, limited edition watches with great design and function. The brand is introducing a couple new watches in 2010, one a ladies watch, the other this one – the GrandCliff TNT Penta. It is a flyback chronograph with 60 minute and 12 hour counters. Production will be just 21 pieces in 45.5 mm pink gold-steel-titanium combination case. I really like the shape of the watch case and the lugs – very unique, very cool looking. I would love to rock one of these watches on my wrist, except I feel that the 45.5mm case size might be a bit too big – but until I try it on I won’t know for sure.

 
Close Up View of the Pierre DeRoche GrandCliff TNT Penta’s dial


The more I learn about Pierre DeRoche the more I like the brand. If you want a unique watch that you will not see everday, this is definitely one to consider. I was reading a bit about the brand on its website, and it was interesting to learn that the family behind Pierre DeRoche lays claim to an impressive set of contributions to watchmaking:

In 1937, Marcel Dépraz, the great-grandfather of Pierre Dubois, CEO of Pierre DeRoche, developed a chronograph movement that was revolutionary for its time. More than 3.5 million pieces were produced until 1970. His grandson Gérald Dubois, Pierre’s father, invented the first automatic chronograph. And, not wanting to be outdone, the present generation of Pierre Dubois and his two brothers, Jean-Philippe and Pascal, invented the concentric chronograph, a Pierre DeRoche exclusivity.

Of course we also know that Pierre DeRoche developed the first movement in the world able to house six retrograde seconds mechanisms as we saw at Baselworld 2009 when it unveiled the Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro – what a spectacular watch! I never tire of watching this very cool video which demonstrates the wow factor of the six retrograde seconds mechanisms:

No comments: